We all know that rice is quite heavy in carbs, so you might as well take control of eating this recipe. Nonetheless, this Glorified Rice is still a good one to try.
Please note that this recipe is using sugar-free fruit flavored gelatin. However, since pineapple and its juice is also used as part of the ingredient, this will still have a higher sugar than normally cooking rice. (Make sure you read our disclaimer)
1/2 c. uncooked rice, not instant
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in its own juice
1 (3 oz.) pkg. sugar-free fruit flavored gelatin
1 c. boiling water
1 c. (scant) pineapple juice, drained from can
1/4 c. chopped maraschino cherries (if desired for color)
1/2 pt. heavy cream
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Stir in well drained rice.
- The cooked rice will absorb the color and flavor of the gelatin.
- Mix well and chill until thickened, but not quite set.
- Add drained pineapple and cherries (if desired).
- Fold in cream that has been whipped.
What do you think of this recipe?