Rice is one of the primary foods available for Asians. In fact, it is the most important grain when we talk about caloric intake. Since diabetes is already a pandemic disease, it is important to know how much calorie is there in 1 cup of rice so that we can calculate well how much should we eat in a day.
- Rice, brown, long-grain, cooked – 216
- Rice, white, glutinous, cooked – 169
- Rice, white, long-grain, cooked – 206
- Rice, white, long-grains, parboiled, cooked – 194
- Rice, white, long-grains, parboiled, dry – 691
- Rice, white, long-grain, raw – 675
- Rice, white, short-grain, cooked – 242
- Rice, white, steamed – 199
- Wild rice, raw – 571
So how much rice should I eat?
The answer will vary depending on your goals, your lifestyle, height, and age. There’s no fix answer. However, the calorie calculator below will help you how much. Remember, I just gave you the calorie content of rice per 1 cup. Anything you eat or drink except water does have calorie in it.
Also, it is also best to consult your physician or nutritionist to get the best advice for your nutrition.
Just for a guide, you can use the “Calorie Calculator” on the sidebar that appears when you open Diet Plan or Recipe
One of the reasons why you should know the calorie content of the food you take is for you to measure how much to eat so that you can control your sugar and to reduce weight if you are obese or to gain weight if you are underweight.
Diabetic people need to have balanced, healthy diet. While at the same time maintaining the acceptable weight index.